Senior Regional Human Resources Manager
- 1 day ago Post Date
- 776 Total Views
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Senior Regional HR Manager is responsible for serving as a strategic HR partner to Operations leadership (VPO/RDO/ACO) in assigned region(s), developing and coaching Operations management, partnering in People Planning, and developing and executing staffing plans. This position also facilitates resolution of associate relations issues. This position is typically responsible for 80 – 120 (or more) stores. This position provides cross-functional experience for high potential Operations management as well as an opportunity for Senior Regional HR Managers with the potential for development to Regional HR Director.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Partners with Operations leadership (primarily VPOs, RDOs, and ACOs) in assigned region(s) in the facilitation of People Planning involving the development and coaching of Operations management; evaluates internal candidates for vacant/new positions and identifies high potential associates. Conducts field visits and interviews to identify opportunities for improved retention.
- Coaches Operations leadership on associate relations to achieve problem resolution without litigation; conducts investigations involving associate complaints and disputes and prepares documentation of issues; resolves most issues but involves HR leadership in achieving resolution of complex associate relations issues or refers issues to the Office of Dispute Resolution in the Support Center.
- Assists Operations leadership in assigned region(s) in development and execution of regional staffing plans to ensure both an internal and external pipeline of candidates; forecasts staffing needs to fill vacant Operations management positions on a timely basis to support company growth, Sources candidates through the Taleo system, Open House events, and job fairs, supported by Recruiters at the Support Center.
- Coaches and advises Operations leadership in assigned region(s) on hiring high quality associates compatible with PRG mission, culture and values. Advises operations leadership on conducting effective associate performance evaluations and on assisting associates with career and personal development
- May also conduct orientation sessions for new hires to ensure retention and understanding of company’s mission and culture. Follows up with new hires to ensure adequate and appropriate training opportunities and encourage their participation.
- May mentor HR Representatives as required.
- Assists/coordinates with the Senior Zone Learning Specialist, who provides a variety of local training and development sessions for Operations management to enhance their capabilities, including 7 Habits, Sexual Harassment, Interviewing Skills, Conducting Effective Performance Reviews, Creating Individual Development Plans, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business and/or HR majors preferred.
- Minimum twelve years of HR experience, with a minimum of nine years HR Generalist experience in employee relations, training and development, recruiting, and people management or equivalent Operations management experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality operations environment.
- Successful completion of annual store training
- Knowledge of a broad range of HR functions (training and development, associate relations, staffing, performance management)
- Knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Ability to partner with and coach/advise Operations leadership (VPO/RDO/ACO)
- Ability to collaborate with Operations leaders and associates to facilitate problem resolution
- Hands-on experience addressing an organization’s capabilities in a field environment, ability to work remotely and independently
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite and the Taleo system
- Strong communication, listening, and assessment skills
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda’s Mission, Values, and Culture
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.