Regional Human Resources Manager (Las Vegas)
- Apr 03, 2017 Post Date
- 841 Total Views
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Regional HR Manager position is responsible for serving as a strategic HR partner to Operations leadership (VPO/RDO/ACO) in assigned region(s), developing and coaching Operations management, partnering in People Planning, developing and executing staffing plans, and providing training courses to leadership and associates as required. This position also facilitates resolution of associate relations issues. This position is typically responsible for 80 – 120 stores.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Partners with Operations leadership (primarily VPOs, RDOs, and ACOs) in assigned region(s) in the facilitation of People Planning involving the development and coaching of Operations management; evaluates internal candidates for vacant/new positions and identifies high potential associates; participates in panel interviews to build alignment. Conducts field visits and interviews to identify opportunities for improved retention.
- Coaches Operations leadership on associate relations to achieve problem resolution without litigation; conducts investigations involving associate complaints and disputes and prepares documentation of issues; resolves simple issues but involves Field HR Directors in achieving resolution of complex associate relations issues or refers issues to the Office of Dispute Resolution in the Support Center.
- Assists Operations leadership in in development and execution of Regional Strategic Plan.
- Forecasts staffing needs to fill vacant Operations management positions on a timely basis to support company growth; Sources candidates through the Taleo system, Open House events, and job fairs, supported by Recruiters at the Support Center.
- Advises operations leadership on conducting effective associate performance evaluations and on assisting associates with career and personal development.
- Follows up with new hires thru Keep In Touch Program to promote and understanding of company’s mission and culture. Follows up with new hires to ensure adequate and appropriate training opportunities and encourage their participation.
- Assists/coordinates with the Senior Zone Learning Specialist, who provides a variety of local training and development sessions for Operations management to enhance their capabilities, including 7 Habits, Sexual Harassment, Interviewing Skills, Conducting Effective Performance Reviews, Creating Individual Development Plans, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business and/or HR majors preferred.
- Minimum seven years of HR experience, with a minimum of five years HR
- Generalist experience in employee relations, training and development, recruiting, and people management or equivalent
- Operations management experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality operations environment.
- Successful completion of annual store training.
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates to become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.